A Guide to Maintaining Your Vape - North Vapes
Many factors affect the lifespan of your device, coils, liquid, and battery. Just like smartphones, laptops, or any other product, vapes requires maintenance and care to function at its best.
The most important part of your vape to take care of is the coils on your vape tanks. Being unaware of the coils will reduce your vape lifespan and will make you buy them more.
Vaping can bring you many benefits, but if you are a vape user, you have to treat your device well to enjoy the best experience for a long time.
How to increase the lifespan of vaping devices?
- Every Vape product has its lifespan, and you need to know how to prolong it to avoid unnecessary costs.
- Preventing your Vape device from high temperature, constant heat, dampness, and out of date can help extend its lifespan.
- Use a Vapor Fresh pack to keep it from humidity and leave it in a cool place.
- Check the amount of e-liquid you put in your tank and make sure the organic cotton is not worn out.
- Sometimes coils go wrong because of the impurities in e-liquids or e-juice, which can cause the material to dry prematurely.
- Strengthening the coil and cotton will prolong the life cycle of your coil head.
There are some essential techniques and tools that will help vapers to take care of their vaporizers.
1. Don't Run Out of E-liquids
If you don't clean your vape regularly, you could be risking burning it out with a "dry burn. E-cigarettes that have dry burns will not function properly. E-liquid left on your vape coils will ruin your taste.
Remember to keep your e-liquid level at least above the minimum line; otherwise, you might need to replace your coils quickly. Overfilling your tank could cause it to leak, damaging both the e-cigarette and its contents.
2. Take Care of Battery Terminals
If your e-cigarette has uncleaned terminals, it might be affecting its performance. If you notice a gap between your tank and the battery, it is possible that the threading on the base of your device is not fully compatible with e-liquid. You face it; you all procrastinate when it comes to cleaning terminals. This is because you can't see the damage that is happening inside your devices. The battery matters a lot when it comes to vape.
There are many ways to keep the battery in suitable shapes, such as never overcharging, keeping it away from high and low temperatures, and ensuring that the contacts are free from dirt. The tank's connection is a vital part of the battery process, and it's suggested that this area is cleaned first using a cotton bud. Always check to see if the battery is making a good connection to the device. If it is dirty or damaged, you will need to replace it.
3. Vape Smart. Don't Overheat Your E-Cigarette
When your vape is in use for an extended period, it can heat up. If you continue to vape after the atomizer has stopped working, you risk overheating your battery or mod temporarily.
If a burning sensation or skin irritation occurs from the device, discontinue its use immediately and seek medical attention. Ensure that your mods are cool. Humid and hot areas won't help your mod to cool down. Your mod should only be hot to the touch when it's properly cooled.
4. Be Careful When Tightening Up the Tank
If you tighten the tank too much, it might cause damage to the connections and strip the screws. When vaporizer tanks start to strip, you won't be able to remove them from the device. This often results in the need to replace coil heads and rebuildable atomizers more often than they should.
The best way to screw your tank firmly in place is to use your hands only. If you use tools, you could damage the item and cause problems down the road. It would be best to screw your attachment device into the tank firmly by hand only. Do not exert too much force and tighten it too much, as it would only prove counterproductive.
5. Change Your Coils to Make Your Vape Last Longer
If you own a vape, you need to change the coils regularly to keep the vaporizer working well. Look for signs that tell you it's time to change vape coils: bad taste or leakage, for example.
If your coils are burnt, it's maybe time to change them. In the case that your e-cigarette is making a gurgling noise and giving you a burnt flavor, you may want to replace your atomizer.
6. Maintain a Dust-Free Mouthpiece
A greasy mouthpiece can ruin the taste of e-liquid as well as vapor flow. Clean drip tips are the best way to prevent the spread of germs in your vaping kits. It is because vapers tend to share their products.
Remove the drip tip from your vape and blow off the dust regularly. If your atomizer has become dirty, you can wash it with warm water and wipe the condensed e-liquids from drip tips. Cleaning your drip tip with soap and water is the best way to keep it clean. Clean your drip tip once a week.
7. Precautions to make your vape long-lasting
It is necessary to take note of the following five aspects: -
- Do not carry out intense power heating and healthy airflow simultaneously; otherwise, it will lead to rapid deterioration of core components.
- Do not store in a damp environment and a slightly hot place. Otherwise, it will lead to corrosion of electronic components and may cause fire or burn.
- Do not turn on the vape device when there is no e-liquid in the tank; this might damage the battery and shorten electronic components' lifespan.
- Do not use modified products; this might cause product failures or accidents.
This is very important as it will help you keep your vamping devices in good condition and prolong their lifespan. When not in use, make sure to remove the empty cartomizer or atomizer and replace the fluid and cotton with new ones available in different brands.
Always store the vaping device with fully charged batteries. Before storage, it is also necessary to drain out remaining nicotine by using it until it is no longer working.
Don't mix a 18650 battery with a 14500 battery; otherwise, it could cause permanent damage. And pay attention to the usage time of batteries; if your vaping lasts for less than half an hour, please change it.